Test run for the Suzuki 4 stroke

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I finally took the boat for a test run yesterday evening. Started right up and seemed to run fine. Ran full throttle for about 5 minutes, stopped and idled during trip, then up on plane again. Never had a 4stroke before. Man it's quiet. Water stream seemed strong and all gauges were working except speedometer. I am guessing it's clogged cuz everything else was. It got on plane so easy. I was impressed.

Since I don't know what they have done to the motor, I am dropping the boat off today at the Suzuki dealer. I am having the following done:

oil and filter change

change lower unit fluid

replace spark plugs

replace fuel filters

fix speedometer

change impeller (i think this is the water pump)

Is there anything else I should have done?

Darn those 4 strokes are quiet! Cant hear em runnin or read a post on em!

Don't forget to have them stock your livewell ... :wacko:

Livewell is still clogged. !@#$%^&*(

I have a feeling this visit to the boat dealer is going to be very expensive.

Before it gets too expensive, you might want to make sure your switches and valves are hooked up. They can pop loose giving the symptom of a nasty clog (not opening when actuated), when the valve is actually the culprit.

I fished with a guy back in October who was running a Suzi 4 stroke 140. I was VERY impressed with that motor.

Given the nature of the dealer you got the boat from, preventative maintenance seems like a very good idea.

Got any pics of the boat?

You should be able to get the clogs out of the boats plumbing fairly easy.

Simply disonnect the hose (do one at a time) and run a pressure washer through it. I would recommend one at a time and doing it off the boat. then reconnect. You will probably have to buy new clamps as the ranger ones are crimped on. Make sure they are all stainless (including the screw)!!!

Latest posts

Back