TEE: WPAF Museum

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
TEE,

Forgot to mention that this past Thursday & Friday I was in your area. I finally got to make the trip to the Wright-Patterson AF Museum. Brought 3 students up on Thursday and saw the museum on Friday, then made the 6 hr drive back to Ky. That museum is outstanding! Not too bad a trip except for waking up to snow Friday morning; thankgoodness the streets cleared quickly. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Northeast in Huber Heights. Whew! That traffic up there is crazy! Too much for me considering I'm used to the lack of it [heavy traffic] here.

Next time make a trip over to the new Air and Space museum out by Dulles Airport here in Virginia. If it ever flew there is a sample of it there. Everything from a space shuttle to the Enola Gay. It is breathtaking.

TOXIC

They just keep adding more and more to this one...more plans for two more buildings from what I've heard.

Yeah that Huber Heights has always been jacked up since I can remember and since the SR 70 is jacked up too....it's CRAZY!:wacko:

I was fortunate enough when I worked for the 4950th Test Wing here from 89' to 95', Ive seen the SR 171 come in for it's landing behind the museum..now that was COOL!

I've seen them bring rockets to the museum when I was a kid and ODOT had to close SR 235 to bring them in.....WP ROCKS!

And most like you only get to see a smmmmall portion of how big it really is.

Government does need to quit downsizing though....we have the best right here in Ohio...bar none;)

Adding to it! Wow, it's pretty big now, lol. We'll more than likely make the trip again next year, but I'm gonna wait till warmer weather next time, lol. :cool:

Toxic, I've heard it's a great tour also. :)

the uday-hazy, in dulles also has an SR-71, it is cool, and they were just given a crop duster, by some farmer and it goes on display real soon,(not a joke) so we also got that going for us here in virginia.

mike c

Latest posts

Back