TEE-Tennessee increases

• Thread starter Terry Hutchison
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Hutchison

Reaction score
Tee, here is an article I Googled up:

Webmaster's note: The following is a press release issued by the TWRA that discusses the decision to increase hunting and fishing licenses. Note: TWRA's Allen Gebthardt will be the main guest during the second hour of radio show on Feb. 5. Allen is an interesting interview and we will cover the most asked questions about licenses.

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commission (TWRC) has approved a license fee proposal that will bring much needed revenue to the TWRA for fish and wildlife management programs across the state.

The average license will increase by 35%, with the most common - the combination hunting and fishing license- going from $20 to $27. Non-resident and commercial licenses experienced the biggest jump, increasing by as much as 60% and 100% respectively. Certain licenses for youth, seniors and handicapped citizens will not increase.

The TWRC is now able to raise fees because of legislation passed last year, which shifted responsibility from the state legislature to the wildlife governing board. The fees may not exceed the consumer price index in a given period.

According to TWRA Assistant Director Allen Gebhardt,

Thanks for the article. Better get mine early. The hiked them up in Indiana last year. I guess it's following me.

Holy Schnikies!!!! Between boat ramp fees and license....

"Bend over Ohio Navy"!!!! LOL

Back