Taxidermy Work

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Smith

Reaction score
Guys as many of you know i caught a 42 inch northern pike and now i have the daunting task of finding a taxidermist. Now maybe Mac or Mini can help me out here because i would prefer on not sending it out of the state to have it done because i would like to see some of their work. I would appreciate it if you guys could get some phone numbers, prices, and time length it would take to get this monster done. The prices i have found are averageing between 8 and 10 dollars an inch.

Thank You,

T.S.

Just a suggestion Travis. Get the yellow pages and look up several taxidermist near your area. Call and get prices and directions to their shops. Write this down and let your Dad know that you'd like to have him take you to some of the shops to look at their work. Tell him you'll clean the garage or help Mom as payment for his time and gas expense.

Visit the shops and if you like someone's work ask for some references(taxidermist awards, customers who have used their services and liked the work he or she did). Always tell the taxidermist what species you want mounted and how you would like it to be displayed. On a board, natural background,etc. It all effects the cost.

Good Luck

fatrap

Travis, I use Creative Taxidermy in Mulliken. They are about 10 miles south of Portland off I-96. They have done 2 deer, a largemouth and a smallmouth for me. I'm hoping to have them do a walleye, pike, musky, goose, pheasant....you get the idea. I'm very happy with what they've done for me.

You can probobly find another good taxidermist more local by following the recommendation of fatrap. Good luck and congrats.

Gene

Travis,

I recently picked up a 13.5 lb 31 inch walleye I had done. The work was performed by Blue Star Taxidermy in Sterling Heights. They did a beautiful job which I paid $260 for. While I'm not necessarily recommending you use them, because they are on the other side of the state from you. I'm just giving you an idea on cost. The work was performed in about 6 months time. Find a good reputable one close to your home, that way if your not happy with the initial finish work, you won't have too much trouble taking it back and forth to be corrected.

Latest posts

Back