Tak-l-saf system

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herndonpro

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Tak-L-Saf system in their Nitro? How did it work? Was the installation fairly easy?

Thanks. HP

HP....I've installed one on My TR-21 and I'm sure installation would be the same for your Nitro....Very easy to do....Got a friend thats a Dealer Rep for them if ya need to purchase or need some tech tips...As with any Fiberglass cutting, cover the area with Masking tape first. Use a cordless drill in reverse with hole saw to start the hole, then switch it in forward... I've found that this helps to keep the Gel from chipping....Get a GOOD Pipe cutter or Cutting wheel on a grinder to cut the Stainless Pipe once measured correctly(this is the hardest part as that stuff is TUFF ta cut through!)...If ya need any help gimme a holler... I even took step by step pics of my install but it's alot of pics...Could possibly send some of them to you if needed ;-)

Thanks for the help. I've already got one that I got through a friend. I may contact you for some tips once I size everything up.

Ok what IS a Tak-l-saf system? is it like a Lok-r-bar?

Trep

Watch out, Trep's found a new toy/accessory. ;>)

Harpo

Harpo - Someone once said on this site to me "With all the TOY's you're putting on that boat you'll need a 250XB just to get on plane!!!!! LOL

So far, the only travel/overnight my boat has seen other then the dealer once/year is at the KY Rally this past april. I'm sure that will change!!

Trep

Trep....I guess the best way to describe it is that it's like a Lock-R-Bar on steriods!!!!!lol.... Very much stronger than a Lock-R-Bar and on my TR-21 it's T shaped and screws into the front pedestal hole to secure ALL the compartments on the front deck... Wouldn't have a Lock-R-Bar...All someone has to do is disconnect your winch strap from your boat, wrap it around Lock-R-Bar and winch it right off.... Can't do that with Takl-Saf....

TT get with Triton1a on BBC... He's a Rep... their site is down at the moment i think....

Back