Tackle Storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
How have people setup there rod lockers for tackle storage? I mean does everyone just throw their gear in and go or is there some sort of system available to hold plano boxes. Or has anyone made their own custom setup? If you guys get what i mean..

Damn nitro 640s with no main tackle compartment.

thanks

I found a storage system at Bass Pro a while back that works great. It is almost like a milk crate but it is made to hold Plano boxes. The "crate" itself is red and I think it holds 6 boxes which were included. I bought 2 large and one small for my 882. They keep everything organized and are easy to take in and out when necessary. I arrange them in my passenger side rod box.

Theres also a "Cooks go to Tackle System" that attaches to your lids and will hold a lot of baits. I think Glenn has something like that. You can also go to Staples or any office supply store and get folder holders that fit a plano pretty darn close.

TOXIC

I have mine in a compartment just standing on edge across the bottom of the compartment, from one side to the other. I have enough to go all the way across and then some. ;)

I have them with the hinge side down and have a label on each on so I know what's in them. It works out quite well.

Gene

I use the file folder racks from Office Depot/Max, Wallyworld, they hold 3700 series boxes.

Let me know what you go with. I have the 700, that does have a seperate tackle storage between the rod lockers, and just have my boxes stacked, keep thinking as I get MORE and MORE tackle I need a better system, including in my garage to organize my tackle, and decide what to take/not take, and how to keep them straight in the boat (I do have each 370 box labled).

I like the plano 360/370 storage boxes for cranks but, I like the Rubbermaid contaniers and boxes for soft plastics. I organize them to soft bait style not brand. The binder style satchels work well also for grubs and tubes.

Back