Swing away tongue - can i make it swing the other way?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avery Gilliland2

Reaction score
I need to make my tongue swing to the right instead of the left on my 06 591 Nitro trailer. Looks like I just need to switch the pivot bolt to the other side. Is it that simple or not. Thanks for the help.:D Gilly

Gilly

That should be possible, just make sure any wires positioned correctly so that they don't get pinched.

HP

Sure you can, cut it off with a tourch and re-weld the stop on the opposite side

I don't think there is a stop, only the pivot bolt that has a grease fitting on top. The hole opposite is for the pin. It appears that I can switch the pivot bolt and pin hole without much labor. I do not see the need for cutting and welding but maybe I am wrong. Thanks for input. Gilly

Sounds like yours was made to do this, the swing away tongue on my '05 750 is not. I wish it was, I'd like mine to swing the other way too.

Ahhhh ... the improvements of later models. My 01 Nitro 750's trailer tongue swings both ways [:wacko:].

Marty, I'm glad it's only your trailer that does. :blink::lol:

My 2001 can pivot right or left too. I had to think about how to word that so I didn't get comments too. ;)

Gene

Pretty big assumption there Gene; although in this case you're spot on! It's only the trailer that does that. :D:D:D:lol:

I know there is a joke in here somewhere.. I just cant pull that trigger

Luckily I have a good sized pole barn so mine doesn't need to swing at all. :D

Gene

Latest posts

Back