Swapping out trolling motor receptacle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have a motor guide trolling motor on my bass tracker. I am swapping it out with a minn kota. From the looks of the MKR-18A receptacle it doesn't have screws to hold it tight to the plastic frame like the original (maybe it just doesn't show it in the picture?).

Also if I buying the minn kota I should just need the receptacle not the plug, correct (also pulling 6 gauge wire if that matters).

Paul,

I use the exact same plug on my boat, I think I got it from Cabelas (cant remember) but it's real easy to install and use. You do need the adapter for the 6g wire. The adapter tightens in the plug like you would do with a wire, just screws down. Very easy process. Go to the link below and you can see how it looks, I don't know where your looking but this should show you what to look for. As for using it with a Minn Kota stock plug, I have no idea, I just cut off my old plug from my MG and put the new one on, no crossed wire issues that way.
http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/prod...=6299&osCsid=027bc1dfd578a1ec36fe3bc23d250a36

Latest posts

Back