Stress Cracks, Should I be concerned?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey Dees

Reaction score
If I am buying a nitro 896 dc summit edition, should I be concerned about stress cracks around the consoles and the top plate? Also, what is the difference in the summit edition and the regular 896?

I have been told that most gelcoat scratchs/cracks are cosmetic, but to be safe have someone check it out..Minor Stress Cracks in gelcoat are just part of owning a glass boat.

The areas you're talking about are not something to be concerned about. In fact, they are probably the most common areas for gel cracks to occur.

The Summit Edition had some sort of improved livewell system..... A "Summit Edition" paint scheme that I never could tell from the regular scheme..... AND a Nitro Jacket!

Summits also came with a thru-hull oil fill, two bank charger, lighted boxes, wood grain dash, and a few other novelties in addition to the ones previously mentioned. I've had a couple and they were flat out awesome! The quickest hull I think they've ever produced. IMHO

Back