still need help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
i tried a new gas bulb and spark plugs still wont run

what next

do you run it often ?

could it be the high speed jets clogged up in the carbs ?

just tryin to brain storm

Todd, how is your water stream? Also, have you been getting gas the is E-10? If so you might have water in the gas/carbs. We had a situation like that a few years back and was a bear to figure out, almost the same indications. We tried dry gas but there was just too much water in the bowls. Might want to start looking there and also look at the fuel pump for wear.

Eric

run it 3 days a week at least

fished 10 days noriss tenn last week, then came home and fished awhile ran a few miles fished a spot and then it wouldnt open up

the water is pissing good

never looked to much at ethanlo in gas

i usually buy it at the same station weekly

Todd, I re-read your first post, does your motor sputter before it dies? Can you apply the choke to keep it running at 3000+ rpm? )This dumps raw unmixed gas into the engine, but in your case since they mixed gas and oil in the tank it would be ok to try a few times for test purposes.) Are you hitting 3000 rpm in gear or in idle (eng load) We were able to hit normal rpm in neutral but when in gear it wouldn't go above 3-3500 then spit and sputtered like crazy, had to use the choke trick once in a while to get home. Good luck with the trouble shooting. If your going to pull the carbs off, make sure to not change the mixture screws. I'm leaning toward a bad batch of gas and now you have some water in the carbs, but that's just me. Look at your tank vent, maybe clogged

Eric

hiting 3000 - 3500 in gear but then she dies, if the choke is pushing in the key I tried it and she died instantly

Good thought on the plugged vent maybe...

How much do you have in the tank? Would it be too paingul to empty it (unhook from motor, use bulb to start flow and drain when siphon starts)...and try some fresh?

THR DOCK OWNER AT MY LOCAL MARINA SAID HED GET THEIR MECHANIC TO LOOK AT. IT KINDA OUT OF MY LEAGUE

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, THIS SITE IS GREAT

Latest posts

Back