Stiff steering cables

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there any way to lube steering cables other than just at the back? I have a 99 NX882 and the steering is getting real tight. And also does anybody know the steering system and or length of the cables that came with the boat, i can't find it written on the cables anywhere.

Thanks,

Eric H.

I lubed the cables on my 99 882 this spring and it has done a wonderful job. I will try to take a picture of the contraption I built and E-mail it to you this evening. Definitely try to lube them before replacing them, you'll save yourself a lot of money.

Sounds great, don't want to lose any time on the water replacing cables when i don't have to.

Eric H.

I'm having the same problem as Eric. Could you e-mail a photo of the lubing device so I can give it a shot before replacing with a hydraulic system? Thanks,

Gene

guys if you call a tracker dealer with the serial number they can contact tracker and get the proper length of cables for you. a word of advice, do a complete steering system, cables and helm. if you are going to do it, do it once and wash your hands of it for years. Ed

Back