stern tie downs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al cannia

Reaction score
I have a 2004 NX 750 and really like the boat,BUT there aren't any places to tie down or onto from the rear of the boat.Has anyone added tie downs or a rail to back of their boat so you can tie up to docks,trees anchors etc?

Al, be a bit more specific, when would you want to tie off the stern? At a dock, you are most likely to be tied either port or starbord and parallel with the dock and if you are a river runner, it is a huge no-no to anchor the stern in current. I have not had a reason to tie off the stern. The only one I could think of would be to tow someone.

TOXIC

TOXIC, I should have stated back/rear/aft of the boat , I need to be able to tie off to trees from the rear as well as up front.I sometimes use 2 anchors to position the boat and right now the only place I can attach a line to the rear/back of the boat is the grab handle on the passenger side, would be better if there were a tiedown further back, say about even with the pedistal hole for rear seat.

I just looked at your boat model at Nitro's website and it's strange that there are no rear cleats. Buy a couple from West Marine or a similar type marine store, drill some holes and mount them with stainless steel hardware. My boat did not come with any cleats up front, there is a grab handle there. I mounted a cleat on each side of the boat so I can tie my boat at docks, front and rear.

Bob G.

I had the thing with my 700 LX.stupid if you ask me,why dont they have them on the boat?I bought a pair and installed myself,not hard,just stupid like no step to rear deck.

2004 640LX--- same thing, only forward cleats. Makes no sense. I will be adding a rear pair this weekend.

I have a 99 700 and I had them added when I bought it. They didn't even have them as an option. It was only 45 bucks I think for the dealer to put them on during prep. They are very much needed and used everytime I go out.

Back