Stereo in 700LX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin Resch

Reaction score
Has anyone installed or had installed a stereo in a dual console 700LX or similar setup?

I am thinking about doing it, but I can't figure ot where to put the receiver or the speakers.....

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

I did it on my 882 dual console. On my boat there was a cutout in the glove box for the head unit( it needed reenforcing) and for speakers i put them under the consoles. My boat had a board on the drivers side that went from the rod locker to the back of the console to hide the wires. I installed the speaker in that board on the drivers side and made another just like it for the passenger side. that way there was no fiberglass citting and if i ever want to return it to stock i can just build another board for the drivers side and remove the one on the pass side. I can take some picts to show you what i mean if you want me to.

If you buy speakers take a look at the bose 131 marine. They are awesome speakers for the boat. If you have to go surface mount on the speakers the 151 will fit the bill. totally waterproof and will last for decades.

I added a stereo to my 896 last year. I made speaker boxes and covered them with matching carpet. the glove box needed reinforcing like Jim B said.

Gene
Image035.jpg

Hey Guys..thanks for the tips...some pics would be great. I think I've got the speaker thing figured out. I had the same idea with the boxes under the console.

I wasn't sure where to put the receiver itself. The glove box is a good idea, but I'd like to see some pictures

I will take some picts for you when i get home. My 882 has a spot for the radio in the glove box so it went easy. I will take some picts of my speaker thigs too. The way my boat is i didnt want to have boxes get in the way of peoples bags or my hotfoot. The thng thats nice about the bose 133 speakers id they have thier own bass chamber so you dont need a box, the 151.s are already boxed all you would need to do i bolt in the brackers somewhere and attach the speakers. here is a pict of the 131's not installed.
p_131_m_w.jpg

here is a pict of my radio in the dash. i made the aluminum plated and there is one on each side to brace the dash. Its not the prettiest thing but it works perfect.
Radio 001.jpg

And here is one of my speaker installed. I painted the grill black to match the boat better. i took one of the drivers side too but it didnt come out out too good. Its the same deal as this one.
Radio 003.jpg

Back