Steering Wheel Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Winsett

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2001 Tracker 185. It is in mint condition except the center cover on the steering wheel is missing. I phoned my local dealer and they said they had a request to order these before, but could not get them. Any ideas? Thanks!

Saw on one of the boards where you can replace it with a center cap sticker for mag wheels. I would check out a local custom autopart part store. You may be able to find a center cap for a custom auto steering wheel that fits

TEE can you take a picture so I see what it looks like??

Yeah...when my daughter lets me borrow her digital camera LOL Got to get one...just had to fork out too much money here lately. Just had a rebuild on the tranny of the ol' black beast...ouch! Not cheap....:( I think she'll be over sometime this week. She just got a "new promotion" herself and is been pretty busy.....she fell way off the tree:)

Nah seriously..she just was promoted to the head of her CAD dept. She designs propeller hubs for Hartzell Propeller Co. here in Piqua...very interesting work and she likes it. Dad always told her, "THATS what it's all about"!

TEE

Actually got lucky Trep...was out walkin' around at the car show and seen the "old" SS emblem (balck&red) and thought it looked pretty close...these old "machinist" eyes can still judge allright!

T-roy,

Are you talking about the three spoked cover? or just the round emblem? We have several of each in stock here. If you're interested the number is 248-333-0997.

Kathy

T-roy,

The same thing happened to me (2001 Tournament V-18), and Kathy's shop provided me with a replacement.

When you get it, be sure to squirt a little clear silicone in each of the mounting holes. That will keep the cover from coming off in a strong wind, but will allow you to remove it if you ever need to take the steering wheel off.

You might also want to look at a Cabela's Marine catalog. They sell the entire assembly, but without the Tracker logo. You could get a cover from the original manufacturer, if you can find out who makes those steering wheels.

With tax the part is $7.67 and depending on where you live the shipping shouldn't be more than $4 or $5. Give us a call if you're interested.

Kathy

And if you act now while operators are standing by, she'll include Mac's CAKE!!! LOL

LOL!!!!

That's a brand spankin new secret recipe. After I enter it in a baking contest (and win!!) I'll share the secret. LOL

Troy you're getting a package that should be there Friday. You can call me for the tracking number.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy! Sounds like your cake has caused quite a stir, no pun intended. We won't tell everyone else about the free cake with every order. ;>)

we sure won't that little secret is just between you an me! (wink wink)

uh ... not me! ... just me

LOL

No handing out samples until it's been approved and recommended by the Chairman of the Cutting Board!!

Don't worry Mac, you're always first ... right after Craig that is!!!

Kathy, I got the steering wheel cover and it worked like a champ. Thanks for all your help and quick response!

Back