Steering Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I was able to make it out to the lake for a couple of hours last week before I had to go to work. the steering on my Nitro was extremely stiff. It loosened up a little bit but it was still very hard to control at idle speeds and on plane. It took both hands to turn it.

Do I need to oil or grease it?

Thanks

BJ

BJ, I had the same problem with mine but with the advice of the fine folks here I was able to adjust the trim tab and got it steering and handling right. It's not hydraulic but it is pretty good.

jdj

Its never been like that before though...could that still be it????

You need to clean and lube the end of the cable that slides through the holder. I don't know the proper name of the part. But if you look where it attaches to the engine it's the metal sleave that slides in and out... I hope that helps

BF

BJ try what Bruce said. If that dosent work you could have cables that are starting to freeze up. The easy way to check is to unbolt the tiebar and try the wheel without the weight of the motor. It should move very easily.

Im actually going thru the same thing as you . It seems that my cables are getting very stiff. Im thinking of upgrading to seastar hydraulic come spring.

Back