starting battery??????????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Raso

Reaction score
Hi,I need some help on getting a battery to start my nitro 190dc. I've heard that a deep cycle trolling battery is good ,because of its dicharge and charging.I have a 3 bank charger on board a total of 3 batteries. the trolling motor runs off 2 batteries.

Thank you,Joe.

Trojan, cant go wrong on those batteries...........and i would go with a regular starting battery

Joe,

The best battery i have found for a cranking battery / electronics battery would be The Energizer, i have had it for 3 years and no issues (yet). Do not use a deep cycle for cranking, I use a dual purpose for cranking and run all my electronics off that battery. I also found the AC Delco batteries in a group 31 were the best trolling / deep cycle batteries for my 24 volt system. If weight is an issue go with a group 27. Remember to always get a marine grade battery no matter which you buy, they are designed differently than standard automotive batteries and will take the pounding on the water better.

Also, look for the free replacement guarantee, the longer the better. 18 months for the AC Delco, and most Sears Die hard marine batteries, 12 Months on the Wal-mart Brand and 18 months on the Wal-Mart Maxx Brand.

Also, IMHO Interstate batteries, which came with my boat(s)....aren't worth the plastic they are made with, they lasted for about 1 season and then would die 1/2 way through the day on a 24 volt system.

Eric

Trojan - definitely Trojan. 24SM-1000 or 27SM-1100.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back