stainlessskag protector?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg hall

Reaction score
anybody have a skag protector/cover? my skag is chiped & basicly I want one for looks does it fit well? Also on another note went out in the gunpowder on the checsapeake bay today to try for some stripers no luck & was really cold dont know if Im going to put my PT175 away for winter yet. May get another week or two.. P.S. I have a 75 merc on my 175.

Greg: My buddy Randy has better luck on Bush river for Striper.. Chrome Rattle Trap.

BF

Greg, I've seen those protectors in some darn magazine but don't know how they fit or work. I have wondered the same thing as you.

I fished South River yesterday for about two hours and caught a few really nice white perch and a couple of stripers that were in the two pound range and yep, it was on a chrome Rattle-Trap. I was using a very small one and went I went to a large one to try for larger stripers I didn't get a hit. I also tried jigging around a couple of the bridges without and success. So, the stripers I caught were just a by-product of using small baits for perch.

I'm going to try again today, later when it warms up. The best part of the river this time of year is that there are no other boats out there.

Bill

I use a bill dance swimin image out fishes a rattle trap 10 to one with better hookup ratios I may try the bush river this weekend thanks guys.

Greg--the ones I have seen require you to drill four mounting holes in the skeg.My thinking is that it would severly weaken it,leading to the whole thing breaking off.

The front of mine was pretty ratty looking also.After a warm summer day,a Dremmel tool and some J.B. weld, it now looks as good as new.Just make sure you don't fill in the speedo pickup hole.

I'm curious now about this skeg protector. Has anyone got any experience with one of these?

Jeff

Back