Springfield BPS Spring Classic -sale flyer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
Just Got a Sales Flyer from BPS -- They got some super deals--

Did anyone else see this Flyer??

I need some advice on what lures catch fish and Not Fishermen..Since I,m just getting started -- I do not have much tackle yet..--

Still planning to hit BPS on friday the 19 by Noon--

Also MoonLight Madness 5pm-11pm

Thanks for you help---HaleDamage

Didn't get my flyer yet, but then again, our "Classic" is the following week, so I'm anxiously waiting for something in the mail from BPS.

I mostly fish for bass / walleye / crappie-- BPS has alot of great deals-- I only have one tackle box full mostly old stuff --

Just need some help spending my $$ ---wisely

Good luck---- HaleDamage

Lures that catch fish:

Anything that you keep in the water long enough in proximity to a fish.

Lures that catch fisherman:

Lures that are dry or still left in the package.

-------------

Start with Bombers/bandits or Rapala crankbaits... a couple of each primary pattern will do.. (firetiger, shad, craw,...)

Senkos, Grubs, Soft Plastics... these are tougher, basically get some confidence going then build on it... You'll never see me hit the lake with out our "little blue grub" or my senkos... might not use them that trip, but cant leave without them.

Jigs... lots of variety here, but get 3/8 to start in black/blue and browns... local colors may vary...I use Yamamoto twin tail grubs for trailers, others use pork. Have your trailer be a contrasting color, but not too far...

----

Basically, IMHO, if I have confidence in a bait, any bait, I will fish it longer and with more intensity then if I don't, and it will, in turn, catch more fish.

All that being said, I have:

about 15 3700 boxes of crankbaits and probably 10 "deep" boxes of a variety of plastics that I carry with me... and I can still find a couple of things I like/don't have/need each time I go to the tackle store...

What an obsession!....err... hobby!

Back