spring has arrived

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
The tornado sirens are blaring and a couple twisters have been sighted in Omaha. Looks like spring has arrived in the Mid West.

fatrap

yep.. nows the time of year where we play the russian roulette of fishing before the front come in to just to the point of getting home and running to the basement.

A leftover fear from my days in Omaha...I was in the twister of 1975 and it was nasty one. As kids we used to go sit on the porch when the sirens went off and watch the funnel clouds bounce around!! My house in Virginia has a room as large as my 2 1/2 car garage that is solid concrete. It has the concrete garage floor as a ceiling, concrete block (below grade) on all 4 sides as walls, 1 window, 1 door to the outside, and 1 door into the house that is fire rated steel. Best storm shelter I have ever had. I am positive that the entire house could get wiped out and that room would stay 100% intact. My only concern was the concrete ceiling coming down but it is strong enough to hold 2 vehicles and the only structure above it that could fall is the garage.

TOXIC

Lived in Indy in the 90s, built a custom home and insisted on a basement.. Builder wanted me to invest at over $100 sq foot for additional above ground utility room, etc. Told me I was foolish to invest in a basement and deal with "water table problems".

After two too close for comfort scares (one close enough to get me a new roof and some landscaping)I left indy in 98 to move back to northern indiana. There were LITERALLY realtors and buyers waiting to look and make an offer on a house with a basement. Sold in three days from signing the listing papers.

Yeah basements are pretty much a necessity here. I have two brothers who have red neck condos(trailer homes)and the both have"B.O.K.M.A.G." rooms. a bokmag room is a bend over kiss my @$$ goodbye place.

Anyway a few families lost their homes,trees on cars,some minor injuries etc. We got to listen to ALF sing in harmony to the warning siren got blasted by the hail and I have some fence to fix. Glad I didn't have the boat home yet.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back