Spring cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Yesterday, I power washed the Nitro and its cover. Lot of mildew to get off from all the rainy wetather we've had. Put the muffs on and the motor fired up after a couple of months of sitting idle. The boat is sitting proudly in it's space, nice and shiney.

Spring is here. Ready to fish!

My boat is in the garage until at least mid April. Heck, we had 10" of snow here last week. I REALLY need to go fishing...

Snow almost up to my knees here! I'm a little taller than Ken!

Bob G.

Come on out to Havasu. The fishin is great. Suppose to be in the 80's all week and sunny. You only need one rod and some plastics. All sight fishin now.

Put the gear back in the boat, fired up the old coal burner, and smoked up the neighborhood. It's been a long winter but she's ready to fish.

Da Bear

I have a major case of cabin fever. The northeast is still going strong with winter. Boat comes out in first week of April and hoping the ice is out then so I can get on the water.

I've looked through my Bass Pro catalogue cover to cover about 20 times!

Paul

It was 50 here today. Supposed to hit 60 tomorrow. I know Mother Nature is going to kick me right in the jewels with more freezing temps again.

Hey Paul, My Bass Pro catalogue is looking pretty ratty by now too. I can hear my wife now, "What, are you going to memorize the whole thing?!?"

Good news to hear Rich! If you get the urge to hit Hartwell, we waxed 'em in the back of Eastonalle (above 85 on the Tug.) on a slow-rolled spinnerbait today. Best 5 was 19 and change. (One a hair under 6 and one just shy of 5.) The water's got a heavy stain, but it's approaching 50 deg. and loaded with bait. Saw hybrids ripping through bait there also and somehow managed to avoid them. (Although my partner had to throw a trap at 'em and spent 30 min. playing catch and dump! LOL!) It'll be worth the trip through the next full moon back there. FWIW

Guys are still ice fishing here and driving their trucks on the lake.

Bob G.

Dan, I'd be hitching the boat to the truck right now if I could get away with it. Thanks for the report. I fished west of the 85 bridge a few times, with just a little luck. Will try it again.

Back