spinnerbait cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
What do you do to clean off the blades on your spinnerbaits?

B.J.

I usually tie them on to some 17lb Trilene XT cast them out into the water with a Falcon rod and retreive it back with a Diawa TD-S reel. Keeps 'em clean and shiny.

I'm sorry to be such a smart aleck but you obiviously have a bad case of cabin fever and I thought you could use a laugh.

The temps are suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow. Maybe you can get the boat wet on the bottom. Mine is sitting with a couple of inches of snow on it right now.

Harpo

I buy Terminator spinner baits. They have gold plated blades that don't tarnish and never need cleaning.

Thanks Bob,

Soonerfan, remember I don't take advice from you because you are a sooner!!! how much snow did you get in edmond? we have a couple of inches. yeah my boat is covered in it to. I also use Falcons (5-166 and 5-168) for spinnerbait fishing. Although I use Shimano reels. Your correct I do have cabin fever. I am going through all my tackle and cleaning it out and organizing it.

BJ

I have used Terminator in the past.

I now use a Red River spinnerbait made here in Oklahoma where I live. They just came out with a titanium bait. Unlike Terminator you can adjust it and bend it. I have used them for teh last few months and Red River introduced them at teh opening of the OKC Bass Pro Shops. Red River also uses gold plated blades and they will get dirty and tarnished. I had several Terminators that did when I used them.

Thats a good one sooner....I have got such a bad case of the cabin fever that i have already started going throught the tackle in the boat and taking inventory for next year....sad huh? lol.

T.S.

Don't use steel wool...it'll scratch the surface of 24K plated blades. Tooth paste will get the crud off good then I coat them with a light coat of WD40 from a lightly coated rag.

Also don't store your spinnerbaits with trailers..certain plastics will eat silicone skirts and salt content in some will rust your hooks. Keep em' in a sealed spinnerbox and they'll last a long time.

TEE

Try a quick dip in Tarn-X then wipe off with a dry cotton cloth. Works like a charm on all metal, non-painted blades I've came accross. You can get it just about anywhere for silverware/silverplate at $5 a bottle or less.

Back