Spiders: Careful

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I was getting gear ready, respooling reels, and packing extra line to take with me this week and went back to the extra spool to make up a couple of Carolina rigs to save time on the water. They were already in the house packed. Anyway, when I open the box to get the line out I noticed some spider web, I paused, looked, then pulled the spool out and peeked into the box. On the other end, the end I didn't open, was a Brown Recluse. I was storing like I was told to, in a cool dark place in the shop. Just so happens that that is where Black Widows and Brown Recluses live. Guess I will cleck out the rest of them and start storing in sealed plastic bags.

I'll tell you what, i have a new respect for spiders. My wife got bit on the elbow by one about a month ago and was in extreme pain for about three days and still very sore a week later. I don't think it was a brown recluse, she never did see it, but the doctors said it was definately a spider bite. I saw a show on tv the other day where a guy almost died from a spider bite. Little bastards.......:angry:

8 legs on one critter is just wrong :blink:

South Carolina, mid state, we have lots of both types, Black Widow and Brown Recluse. Suprisingly not that may reports of bites though.

We have both the brown recluse and the black widow here in south La. I just keep an eye out for them.

Barry from La.

Can't STAND spiders, ok confession time.

I'm one of those guys that has his wife kill 'em, as I cower. Now snakes, reptiles of any kind, and mice and rats, I can handle.......... but those little 8 legged devils....when that Arachniphobia movie came out years ago, my wife thought it'd do me good, maybe help, to see the movie, wrongo..... I ended up walking out and waiting outside 'til it was over. Anyway thanks for the post, I store all my gear, along with maintenance stuff, and the boat in the garage, and will definitely keep a watchful eye from now on....

Latest posts

Back