Speedo stopped working

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Robinson

Reaction score
Speedo stopped woking on my 700DLX w/90hp Mercury. Wondering if anyone might have any suggestions. I looked to see if it had the water intake tab(I guess that's what it might be called)on the back and didn't see anything. Does it have the intake on the motor? I recently had the lower end rebuilt and it kind of stopped arounf the same time. Any info would help.

Thanks

Yes its on the motor. Either the tube is not in place properly (from l/u fix) or you have something stuck in there.

Mini

A couple of Springs ago I had my Motor serviced and when I took it out on the water, my Speedo did not work. So I opened my Motor cover and noticed right away that the tube was pinched off. Just had to move it to the side.Another time I ran through some stuff that was floating around after a storm and my Speedo stopped. Just had to use a small drill bit to get the weeds out of the Lower unit speedo intake. If everything looks good, I would pull the tube off from the back of the act speedo and make a quick run. You should have some water hitting your shoes. If you do get your shoes wet then it may be your Speedo itself. If no water, then you need to check the tubing again and the intake..

Hope this helps

Max <><

Thanks...I thought it was on the motor, just needed to reconfirm my thought.....

Have a great day

Bob

Back