Spare tire mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
I have a spare tire that I need to mount on my PT185 trailer. Is the best way to mount using a basic frame mount kit from Bass Pro or somewhere similar? Wondering if others used anything special or possibly made a home made one?

Has anyone seen a Tracker spare tire cover? Is there such a thing?

Thanks,

Bryan

I purchased my spare tire mount through TMBC Nashville. It came painted black and is pretty decent. I recall the price (including shipping was about $40 and some change). As far as a tire cover I don't know of any Tracker ones, so bought a plain black one from BPS. Fits good, and I forgot to remove it once and it didn't blow off while traveling. You might also want to get some type of cable lock for the spare so that it also goes around the trailer frame and through the spare tire rim. The mount comes with a padlock, but it wouldn't keep someone from just unscrewing the mounting bolts from the frame. :rolleyes:

I mounted mine underneath using the brackets built into the trailer. Just maked sure you mount the tire with the vale stem up, so you can check the air pressure !!!i

Here's where I mounted mine and it actually helps center the boat sometimes;)

I just run a chain with a plastic cover and locked everything to the frame:)

boat.jpg

The mount I bought from TMBC sets my spare high also.

Boat%2010-05%20002.jpg

Pat...it doesn't stick out past the fender...it just looks that way:)

Everything looks sweet. I will go to Wally World first and then maybe to Bass Pro if they don't have what I am looking for. Who really needs an excuse to go to Bass Pro anyway?

Thanks,

Bryan

I have that mount I took off my NX750 trailer and was wondering how to put it on my PT175 trailer?

Have any of you inadvertantly run your boat up into the mount while loading back on your trailer.

It looks like it could happen????

Jaws

I have been known to get somewhat crooked due to wind/current, but the bunks always catch me. Never have hit the tire, although I was concerned about it when I first put it on. :blink:

My local dealer had a tire mount that they attempted to install on another trailer and for whatever reason it didn't work. Said he would sell it to me for $15. All the parts were in the box. Guess I got lucky.

Bryan

Back