Some picts of the new cover and the old one too

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I put the new cover on, it fits like a glove. I really like how they made it so i can leave the but seat up front and the regular chair on the back. They padded everywhere ti touches something and everything is renforced well. The straps and clips are super heavy duty and the ratchet system for the bottom strap is cool. They even put an embroidered Nitro logo on the motor hood :)

Here are some shots of the old cover and what was happening to it after only 4 seasons of use.

This is a sea. over the windshield on the passenger side console, ive fixed the drivers side several times too. They butted two pieces of material together in an area that gets constant pulling.

cover1 001.jpg

This one is one of the straps, this tore when i was was tightening the strap, it has zero renforcement to speak of

cover1 002.jpg

Here is the new cover

The back with the built in motor hood

cover1 004.jpg

and from the front

cover1 005.jpg

Mike, im sure they do, my 882 is a 2000 year, pretty much the same boat. I got it from Aurora Canvas in MO. I called them up, told them what i had and they made it up and shipped it to me. They have a website with all the info. its below.
http://www.auroracanvas.com

Jim,

is that a towable cover? i tried to tow with the cover from Nitro and it beat the crap out of the boat.

also, if you don't mind, how much?

GregD

Greg,

It is a towable cover for sure. Its made of a much heavier material then the Nitro cover was made out of, it weighs like 5 times as much easily. I dont think its going to get blown around too much like the Nitro cover did. Its really strapped down well too.

A buddy of mine hasthe same basic cover made by the same people for his Triton and it really trailers nicely. His is 3 year old now and still performs like new and his dosent leak like my Nitro done did. I think over the years he has towed his over 20000 miles with the cover on and its really done it well.

It was about $650 shipped, expensive but worth it.

Back