Soft water fishing is over for the season

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
My son and I took the boat out for the last time this yeat today. We managed 1 bass (nothing big) and a good size perch. The water and air were both about 48 deg. It was slow fishing but fun to be on the water with my son.

When the water turns hard, we'll see about some ice fishing.

Sad to say but this week's chore is to clean the boat out so I can put it away for the winter next weekend.

Paul

Paul,

it is a sad time of year. i took my boat to the dealer sundey for its winter rest. the last time i got out it was 48F and the wind was wipping. we left after 2 hrs.

it is not all sad news, i just picked up a new to me 03 Polaris 600. let it snow!!!!

GregD

Atleast all us Northerners have something to look forward too come Spring time though...even though those cold winter months drag on so slow.

Travis

GregD - Congrats on the snowmobile. I haven't put away my boat - actually was thinking of going out later this afternoon if i can rake my leaves quick enough ... more thanlikely, I will do what Paul P is doing - clean the boat and put all of the rods and tackle into storage.

Bill, the MadKayaker

GregD - Congrats on the snowmobile. I haven't put away my boat - actually was thinking of going out later this afternoon if i can rake my leaves quick enough ... more thanlikely, I will do what Paul P is doing - clean the boat and put all of the rods and tackle into storage.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Something to be said about cutting holes in that hard water and catching fish through a hole in the water. Haven't had that opportunity since I was a Yankee and left the North nearly 40 years ago. Now they call me a Damn Yankee since I stayed in the South.

I thought about not putting the boat away today and heading out on the water since it was so nice out but the responsible side of me decided I better get the leaves raked and some other stuff around the house.

til next season.

Paul P

Back