Sit-on-Top Kayaks for fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I rented an Ocean Kayak Caper model in Florida and did some bay fishing and then went scalloping. I had a great time. I liked the sit-on-top single kayak much better than my tandem Old Town kayak. I am looking to buy a sit-on-top kayak for lake, stream and ocean fishing. Anybody have any recommendations? So far I like the Ocean Kayak Caper Angler model and the Tarpon 120. Basspro carries a Mainstream Kingfish kayak that is cheaper than the Ocean Kayak. Is this a quality model? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Kayak fishing seems to really be taking off.I have to be careful at my favorite lake now because there are always a few paddling up into the creeks that I fish.I always slow down to a crawl as not to knock anybody over.

Do a web search,there are probably more sites devoted to kayak fishing than you could read in a year.

I used to to some white-water 'yaking,but haven't been in one for years.I doubt if I could still straighten out the old banged up knees enough to get into one.I really miss doing it though,it was alot of fun.

Steve

Hey T,,,, I am looking at house boats at Patoka...Ya never know might just go that route Instead of a cabin.....Your place Is going to go thru the roof on value very soon!!!!! I haven't decide yet on KY Lake or Patoka because of Jennie's M.S. It's really a weird disease........Hope your having a great time there I love Tenn.. Being a hillbilly myself.......H HA :lol: JR

Teri,

I recommend that you call and talk to either Bob or Tom at Appomattox River Company in Virginia. They are VERY knowledgeable about the types of kayaks that will suit your needs. Their prices, even after shipping, can not be beaten by anyone! Just ask anyone who has ever bought kayaks off of them (plenty of us that hang out at Riversmallies.com have all bought kayaks from them and their prices and service can't be beat). Their website address is: www.paddleva.com.

Dave

Back