Single Console vs Dual Console

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Just wondering what the members think about having a single console versus a dual console. I have had both and find that I enjoy the additional space on a single but "kinda" feel bad for my boat mate(s) when I am doing 50-60+ mph across the water.

Any opinions, other than comfort level for the non-driver?

For me it would depend on the boat. On a smaller boat like my old one i would go with a single just for the room. my old boat was a 16 footer that was kinda narrow in the console area.

On a wider longer boat like my 882 or something bigger i would go with a dual console. i like the dual for many reasons the passenger being one, the others are i like the glove box to put commonly used things in and i also like to throw things under there like tackle bags when it rains so they dont get wet. On my boat i dont feel it gets in my way or hinders me in any way.

I have a dual console for clients and co-anglers. I also feel it balances the hull better. And I have never had a problem with it getting in the way. The pros far outweigh the cons for me.

I was a nonboater in too many club tournaments when it rained and learned that the water coming off the trolling motor on a 17-foot stratos became a man with a water hose throwing marbles at your head when you sit in a 20-foot Ranger.

For the rain factor alone, with my wife and son and for my nonboaters...it just seemed to make more sense to get a dual console.

I've only been in a single console once - Stacey King's old Nitro 929 that Tracker loaned to Rich for our first tournament..... 60+ miles per hour in the cold - even without rain - is COLD!! With the light rain we got, it was nasty.

I'd never buy a single unless it were a very small boat.

i have a duel and would not buy a single, one of my partners is my 7yr old son, and i cant see not having that protection there.

also it is no fun being the non boater and eating NH's black flies at 55mph.

Dual consoles have better resale over a single console. I think a dual console just kinda evens things out on a boat and looks better.

I have a single and love it..... there is a lot more room as far as deck space....there is a reason all the pros use single.....it's better for following bass around the boat...the only pro I can see for a dual is for your partner... I fish by myself 98% of the time so that is not a big deal to me.....my father inlaw would have a different answer I guess!!!!

Kraig

Singles dont sell as well here in the north because of the wind chill on the passanger.

My last boat (that I had for five friggin days) was a single, definately my choice for room and fishability....BUT they are hard to move up here. So I still prefer a double.

Mini

In this area of the country (Carolinas), the preference is for single console rigs. Go to almost any of the local tourneys, and the vast majority of rigs are SC.

For me, I won't own a single console boat, unless someone gives me one. This spring, when I fished the federation, I had a very enjoyable 25 minute ride in a single console, at 65 mph, and at 27 degrees. I'm still not sure I'm thawed out. Both my other federation tourneys were in SC boats.

Do they restrict the boater, somewhat on a shorter rig. On a big rig (19' or greater), it really doesn't restrict them that much.

Tex

Back