Shopping for parts online

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gregan

Reaction score
Just curious...anyone ever had any major problems with ordering online from any particular company. I just ordered a prop for my motor from "US Boat Supply". I checked out some other sites such as "iboat.com" and saw prices were in same ballpark. I usually deal with sites I know like Cabela's etc. and I am very suspicious of sites I haven't used before. Any good or bad input is appreciated.

I have dealt with Iboats, Good prices, no problems would deal with them again.

Dave

Hey Larry...not to be an @ss but next time ask BEFORE you place an order!!:lol::lol: I personally have not used them.

TOXIC

Toxic - You asking to not be an "@ss" with the history of your "name" is like me telling someone to watch their weight !!! LOL

Toxic...you are absolutely right but as usual I waited to the last minute to buy a part ...just before getting ready to leave for a fishing trip. By the way a little while ago someone did a post on impellers now I have start thinking about that before I leave...it never ends. When I get back from Canada I am going to make sure I have replacement parts for everything. Also, just for future reference iboat has better prices, so not checking before I ordered cost me some money...so whose the "@ss"???

I just ordered a prop from Starboard Supply. Found it via Google Product Search. Couldn't believe how inexpensive it was. Genuine new Mercury prop. If you don't know what you need or need help, go local. Advice and direction is worth something.

Larry - I've ordered three props from iBoats.com (yes, it took me a while to learn about not running shallow at WOT, even in a tin boat !!). No problems whatsoever.

Ordered some steering cables from Tenkiller Marine, no problem, installed them everything worked fine. A buddy of mine at work needed some steering cables so I reccomended Tenkiller Marine. They sent him the wrong size cables and wanted a restocking fee to return them. Found out they're just a middle man and get their parts somewhere else. I don't deal with them anymore.

Latest posts

Back