Shock Absorbent Seats..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Musto2

Reaction score
Has Nitro decided to start offering these type seats? If not anybody have an idea why?

I rode in a Ranger last year that had them and they are unbelievable... Especially for long trips.. On Champlain, we went from Plattsburgh to Ticonderoga in some pretty nasty waves and they were worth their weight in gold.. If I had done the same in my Nitro I probably would have needed a new spine..

The next boat I have will have them and right now that means my choices are limited to Triton and Ranger...

From the website: Highly Styled Seating With Shock Absorption System For the Helm and Passenger Seats.

And good news the Z9 is cheaper than the 21ft Ranger or Triton.

nitro has been offering a shock abosorbing seat on the 9 series boats for a few years. Not nearly as effective as some of the others though. the Z boats all have them too. I am not sure how they work on the Z boats.

Anyone know how to order just the seats as an upgrade ? (meaning, I want to replace my old 911 seats with new "shock absorber" seats).

I dont think it possible....but I may be wrong.

The shocks on a Nitro were just block of rubber that could be placed in different positions depending on the "ride" you wanted. The cap mold was changed to accomodate the shocks' depth.

Atwood sells several versions of their SAS (Shock Absorbing Seats) system. Here are a few links:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0045537018807a.shtml

http://www.boatingseats.com/Boat-Seats/267-Centric-SAS-Boat-Seats.asp

All the best,

Glenn

Get a walleye boat... not one of those "bassassboats"... Then you can have real suspension seats... Heck, I even built my own gas regulated spring supported seat bases!

Greg I still have the Walleye boat, maybe gone soon though,Got someone Interested.. I am going to get me a polar craft fishing boat...JR

Good luck JR... Somebody is getting one very nice ride...:cool:

Latest posts

Back