Shifting gears

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
My neighbor recently bought a Regal bowrider, with a 5.0 Volvo V8. It's been quite a few years since I was on a boat that had a non-Mercury gearbox.

The drivetrain on the Volvo is a gem. I wish Mercury motors shifted as smoothly as the Volvo. Whatever Volvo has going on in that lower unit, it's magic in comparison to Mercury. Instead of the standard "thunk" that a Merc always gives, the Volvo just quietly and smoothly goes into gear. A real pleasure.

When does that Volvo patent run out?

Years ago Rich I worked at a countryclub mowing grass and being a "go-fer" One of the docs had a volvo inboard. It was a wonderful piece of equipement.

And HOW DO I POST A PHOTO it'S ALL CHANGED.

sorry

Mike G

There you go again, Rich.....

Enraging the masses.....

Don't you understand that that is Snowball's job?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yamahammer's make a "Thunk" too...:unsure:...maybe the Volvo is hydraulic?? I don't know!

A guy I work with has a Glastron (I think) that is a bow rider that also has a fishing package like the BPS Tahoe. That boat has a Volvo engine and I must admit, that Volvo is fine. (For the record, as far as the boat goes, the boat's back platform is too high and too small. I guess it's hard to adapt to a bow rider fishing boat when you're used to a bass boat. But the boat is a grand option for a guy that still wants to get up and fish before he takes the kids tubing in the afternoon.) Anyway that has nothing to do with the Volvo engine and outdrive which seems to be a great Product.

Da Bear

A couple of years back, Volvo bought Mack Trucks.

I understand that all Macks now come with Volvo engines.

Seems like that should be sacrilegious..... :huh:

He said CONE!!

"Consume mass quantities!!"

conehead.jpg

Goog thing he did not say...

POCKETS!!!!! Becuse you KNOW what you can put in there!!!!!

Sorry for the hijack. Now returning you to your regularly scheduled post.

Back