shenandoah river

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Just spent 2 hours on the river below the house and got 23 smallies 2 LM and 3 sunnys

most where only 8-10 inches but had 2 smallies between 12-14 inches what a fight on a

ultra light with 6lbs line

Carlos let me know when you get back and come on out and we will hit the river and anyone else who is interested.

Interested, Interested, Interested...:lol: yea, me yelling and just another Doctor this afternoon.:( I just talked to a friend who I haven't talked to for a bit and we were talking about fishing the upper Potomac or the Shenandoah in his Jet boat. Would be fun!

Uncle Billy just let me know when you have the time you and your friend are more than welcome. There is a boat ramp in Front Royal by the bridge you can get a small boat in there is about a 3 mile area you can fish with some water 20 ft. on the 27th of this month I'm going to go in at Goonie creek and waid back to the house about 3 miles easly catch 50+ smallies

Hutch

We will have to get together. I will bring Carlos out. KB might even make the trip. Meshing schedules is the toughest thing. We'll gir'-r'- dun.

TOXIC

I'll be out on Sunday the 27th floating away so let me know if you all can make it. heck even the evenings are good what away to forget the workday it only take 2-3 casts to catch one:D

How is access to the river, in general?

What is someone's ability to simply 'fish from the bank', as my wife and I will be in VA for a week, and I'm not familar with the area.

Thanks.

Tex

If you go to the Shenandoah National Park off of Rt340 they have about 1/2 of a mile bank to fish but there is plenty of water to waid and fish as well. There are alot of small state ramps along both the north and south fork where you can gain assess as well. look on the internet for Shenendoah River trips they have maps and stuff. you can get a canoe or a tube and do a float and fish that way as well.

Back