Shenandoah River Float for smallies

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
This is a open invitation to anyone who would like to go. Plans are to meet up in Front Royal VA. early then go to the river the options are we can Tube, canoe or wade to fish for smallies and some LM. we can go to a river service and rent tubes and canoes or I know of some places to get in the river to wade tube and canoe if you have your own. Fish all day then everyone is welcome to come to the house to cook out and drink the beverage of your choice ;) I will supply the hamburgers and hot dogs . oh if you come to the house for the cook out just to let you know I have 4 large dogs they are fine but some people don't like dogs.

The best date I have for now is Saturday August 11th

That date works for me. I haven't soaked my privates in that river for a couple of years!! I'll be wadin'. For anybody that goes, a Kalins Smoke/Salt & Pepper 3 inch grub on a 1/16th jighead, is DEADLY!! That was the bait I had my 200 smallie day on.

Word....

TOXIC

Hutch - a distinct possibility! Let me check and confirm the calendar.

Thanks for the generous invite!

Sounds good everyone and if any one who wants to come down who would have a long drive I'm offering extra rooms, couch and floor and there are a few dog beds LOL :lol: the wife will be out of town.

I use 4 inch pumkin lizzards with no weight and let it float down the rippels they seem to stack up where the rippels enter the small pools you can pull 10 out of one small spot

I havent fished that area for a few years. Back when i use to kayak.That area is real good for some big smallies

Latest posts

Back