Serious Eagle question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
OK Eagle fans, anyone know how I can keep the presets on my new units? I go thru the menus every stinkin time to put in the right unit of measure, show temp, and go advanced signal with no fish ID for real returns, and yet every time I turn it off, I have to start all over again when restarting it. Not only unplugging, but even shutting it off. I may have to leave it on all day, even when the TM is up and I'm running, in order to keep my settings for the day. Don't they have a lithium in them to maintain? My 'birds did, I liked that. Any help would be really appreciated.

Rob, You mention you have new units without the lithium backup, Is it an ultra eagle classic? I'm unaware of anything that can be done to save your presets on that unit. I bought an Accura 240 with the battery and absolutely love it.

Yeah, the Ultra Classic. It was a 1 year left over at Wal-Mart, the other is a new Easy ST, and does the same. Guess I'm stuck.

I don't think so. Just habit to turn it off. Will actually save time just leaving it on for the day. I know they draw milli amps.....next to nothing. Birds hold their presets though so don't worry. You can shut your's off.

Nope, should be fine. But check you manual to be safe. It might just shut down on it's own after not getting a signal return after so long.

SUBJECT: # 4942: Transducer out of the water?

Submitted by Clay (63.22.96.127) from INDIANA on 10/2/00 11:55:00 AM

Just purchased an Eagle Ultra Classic ( same as X-65 w/o memory ). Sent an e-mail to Eagle and asked them if it is ok to leave the unit on and the transducer out of the water as I run from one spot to another, transducer is on the trolling motor of course. I also called them and got the same answer. They say that it will cause no harm but can take a couple of minutes for the unit to find the bottom once it is dropped back in the water. I'd prefer not to have to set up the settings everytime I hit a new spot. Anybody out there run with the transducer up and the unit on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/2/00 1:13:00 PM Team9nine (216.99.65.36) from INDIANA says Yep, all the time.

What you need to do is go into menu selection and "Turn digital sonar off". This will eliminate "ranging" which is what takes the unit a while to find the proper depth range which they referred to.

Back