Saw a new '04 TV-18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J B

Reaction score
I saw a new '04 TV-18 at BPS yesterday. It was covered so I did not see the interior, but the paint scheme is the same as the '03 models. I did notice the hull strakes are now molded into the hull, eliminating the welded strakes. This makes for a nice smooth hull. Glad to see Tracker Marine is listening their customers feedback. Now if I could just get a passenger console for my '03.

I also noticed (and maybe this was true for the '03s as well) that the gunwales now welded to the hull instead of being riveted. It solves the issue of water coming into the hull through gaps between the hull and gunwales. NO MORE NEED TO SILICONE THIS SHUT!!! Woo-hoo!!

Hmmm... I think my '03 gunwales are welded. Now I have to go check it out. The TV-18 continues to get even better. Now, how about a 20' Avalanche to compete with the Xpress lineup.

Saw the new Pro Teams 175 & 185 at BPS in Baltimore yesterday. Would like to get the new version, but my 2001 is in cherry shape. Basically the same boat but the tops are painted now.

I saw the '04 175/185's as well. BPS Houston has them in both black and graphite paint. The graphite looked really sharp. I'm not sure how well the black gunwales will work here in the Texas heat.

Well jethro your concerns about the gunwales being black is right on the Xpress that I have its a really dark color almost black and if you step on that with no shoes on after its been in the sun you won't be on it long. But as long as you stay on the carpet i have never had a real problem with it.

JimBob, my boat is the graphite color and it can get pretty hot. Also, the underside of my storage lids get extremetly hot in the summer. You really have to watch out when opening them. Does your Xpress have the insulated storage lids?

What Xpress model do you have and how do you like it? I have heard a lot of positives about them.

I've burned my foot on the chrome Perko handles in my carpet!! They all get hot! Of course, I've got a black interior...never again. But I will say on those cold fall/spring days plopping into those black seats sure feels good!!

TOXIC

a 20' Avalanche wouldn't compete with Xpress. They're two different hulls. I don't have much good to say about Xpress except they're light and fast.

Jethro.

I have a H-51 with a 90 Yahama 2003 model its been a great boat so far I have no concerns what so ever. I like the Xpress better than the Tracker line of boats. I looked at bought brands when I was looking for a rig. And I decieded to go with the Xpress I got more bang for my buck. When at the dealership picking my up I saw some of there bigger rigs 20 and 22' rigs and those where extremely nice. I just didn't want to have to swing that note every month. I will check on the insulated lids. don't know off hand. I think Tracker and Xpress make really good boats. It just boils down to what you prefer in a boat and what type of deal you can make and the reputation of the dealer.

JimBob, that H-51 is a nice rig. I decided on the TV-18 because of my previous Tracker experience (11 year TX-17 owner), dealer proximity, deep-v hull, and large front deck space. I have friend who has a 16 year old Alumaweld (pre-cursor to Xpress) bass rig, and it's still as solid as the day he bought it.

Back