sale!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
I was flipping thru the local want advertiser last night and came across a sale ad from Marine USA. Seems I can order a 2004 NX882 with 150 XR6 for $19,250 savings would be $1310 from "regular" price.

Does this sound right? It inludes all the freight and rigging charges.

I showed it to my wife and she said to see what they can do, what a gal she is :)

Bruce, unless that is including shipping and prep work or some upgrades that sounds like a normal price. Check Nitro's site...a dual console 882 with 150XR6 is about 19,300. Of course if it is new you should be paying that same price everywhere. I think Nitro is offering a "special" price on that upgrade though...maybe that is what they are referencing.

--Corey

marine usa price for a 2003 NX882 w/150xr was 21500.00

like Corey said if that is freight and prep that is a good price.

you should know that merc is eliminating the xr150 next year. look into the EFI if you have the extra cash.

that sounds like a good deal to me. seems like the xr6 upgrade was about a $2000 upgrade making the sale price on a single console right around $22000.

bryan

Greg - I didn't know Merc was dropping the XR6. Any reason? That might throw a wrench into the works, can't really afford to upgrade to the efi or opti.

Though if I grab it quick enough Bob should keep an extra for me I would guess.

That sounds like a good price to me. From what i can see they are eating the freight and rigging and selling the boat at regular price. I wouldnt hesitate to get an XR6 if you can, Its one of the best most reliable motors merc makes. Mine has over 120 hours of mostly wot operation on it and it has never had a single problem.

Sounds like a good deal. Hope it is.

Bruce, the xr6 and EFI, as i have heard, are out as of the 2005 Model year. Not sure if its gonna happen but it has to happen by jan 1st 2006 to meet EPA requirements for all new engines sold.

Believe me for better resale and smoother operation i'd highly recommend the EFI. And if you could lengthen the terms of your loan i even recommend an Optimax over the EFI.

Good luck with your boat buying experience.

That is a good price, considering boats rarely go on "sale". However, you have to figure in tax and registration fees.

If you are looking for a great deal, Check out my boat that is for sale in the Swap and Sell section. It is a fully loaded mint condition 2003 901 with a 200 EFI. I am willing to sell it for 24k. The boat is about 6 months old, and has been fully maintained. The out of door price on this boat new is roughly $32,000. Being in CT, I can arrange a demo ride if you like. I also have a 2001 882 sitting right next to it that you could use for comparision purposes.

Bruce,

like jim b said it is a great motor. but because of the EPA regs it is being fased out. you will no longer be able to purchase the 150XR after 5/04 (what ive been told)

the opti is a hudge money upgrade at 7k.

don't be afraid of buying the 150XR. merc has to manufacture parts for the next 10yrs by law.

i just wanted to make you aware that it is not going to be avail for much longer.

i run a 115 4 stroke efi on my 882dc.(56mph @ wot) so far i have been very happy and surprised with the performance. but then again another 7/10 mph would be great. if they were offering the 115 opti at the time i would have bought that.

150xr is a gas hog, look into how you are going to use it. big lakes vs small lakes tourny fishing or fun fishing.

the only time i realy wish i had more power would have been my club tourny on winni.

rember a bigger motor doesn't meen more fish.

good luck

I've got the 150XR6 on my TV18. Have'nt had a single problem with it in 3 years. As mentioned above, Merc is phasing out the carbed motors. It is a gas hog, but a very powerful gas hog. It is also a very backyard mechanic friendly motor, most things on it I can handle myself. While I've heard that it may be a hard sell for me when I get rid of it, I'm not really so sure of that. I've had several offers from people to buy the motor off my boat for the sole reason that they WON'T be available in a few years. There are alot of carbed motor fans out there because of the power they produce, ease of operation and repair.

Jon, weren't you selling your NX882 as well? Can't afford the $24K, sorry.

Yes, the 882 was for sale as well. It is my father's boat, and he really does not want to part with it. I believe that boat sold for about 25k new with the 150EFI, hydraulic steering, dual console, and the rest of the options.

The 882 is a great boat. I think it is the best riding 18 footer out there, and it screams with the 150.

Bruce, don't be afraid of the 150. It has a reputation of being just about bullet proof and as long as there are boats and people buying them, I think there will be a good market for used 150's no matter how the EPA feels... IMHO...

JJ..

Back