Safety Issue: Ford Cruise Control Recall

• Thread starter Greg J. [URL]http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owner
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
For any of you who own a F-150, Navigator, or Expedition, (certain 1999-2000 yr models and build dates of the vehicles in question): It was just on the news recently about the cruise control on certain models that may cause smoking/fire in the vehicles. Ford is supposed to start sending-out recall letters on the 7th notifying owners to contact their dealerships to schedule a disconnect of the system. Parts will not be available for replacement until April. To see if your vehicle is included in the recall go to the following [Ford] site, type-in your VIN#, and it'll let you know. Just checked on my '01 SuperCrew and thankfully I'm good-to-go. Thought I'd provide the info for anyone that hadn't heard about it.
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/recalls/default.htm

Here's a Cut & paste from the web for information purposes.

Ford Motor Company

P.O. Box 1904

Dearborn, Michigan 48121

January 27, 2005

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

SUBJECT: Safety Recall 05S28:

Certain 2000 Model Year F-150, Expedition, Navigator, and 2001 F-150 SuperCrew Vehicles Equipped With Speed Control

Speed Control Deactivation Switch Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Assembly Plant

Year and Model Build Dates

Build Dates

Cuautitlan Assembly Plant

2000 F-150

Built from February 3, 2000 through August 26, 2000

Kansas City Assembly Plant

2000 F-150

Built from April 27, 1999 through August 7, 2000

Norfolk Assembly Plant

2000 F-150

Built from April 20, 1999 through August 5, 2000

Ontario Assembly Plant

2000 F-150

Built from May 3, 1999 through October 17, 2000

Kansas City Assembly Plant

2001 F-150

SuperCrew

Built from September 11, 1999 through August 7, 2000

Michigan Truck Plant

2000 Expedition

2000 Navigator

Built from March 30, 1999 through August 7, 2000

REASON FOR THIS RECALL

The speed control deactivation switch may, under certain conditions, overheat, smoke, or burn.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE

Parts to repair this condition are not available. Customer Letters will be mailed the week of February 7, 2005, advising owners to have the interim repair performed to disable the speed control. When parts are available, all affected vehicle owners will be mailed a postcard directing them to contact their dealer to schedule a service appointment to have the permanent repair performed.

Took mine in and it was one of the recalled. They just disconnected it until the parts come in in April some time. They wire tied it to another wire and taped over the connection to keep out any moisture.....Took 2 minutes

Back