Sad day in the neighborhood.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
GM plant in Moraine, Ohio....last day working....SAD,SAD day:angry:

Please pray for these families!

Unreal timing.

Bad timing, bad situation and it make me madder once I hear what the financial companies are doing with bonuses etc for the execs...............:angry:

Randy!

Sad but familair tune around here Tee.....

Guess more people should have bought American when they had the chance!

There are no less than 5 or 6 auto plants and no less than 20 supplier plants within a 10 mile radius around my house. With the GM Tech Center 7 miles away. You want to talk about depressing around here.....

God Bless us All!

You know, I don't know for sure how many Americans work for Toyota here in America but I would bet it's in the thousands as every Toyota sold here was built here!

For the umpteenth time, I bought a Toyota Tundra Pick-Up because I couldn't get the time of day from the Chevrolet dealer right next door and the Ford dealer who was directly across the highway wouldn't let Nancy and I test drive the F-150 I was looking at unless he went with us. I drove away from there and about 1/2 mile down the road on my way home

was a Toyota dealer. I never dreamt of buying a Japanese vehicle but a well dressed salesman was instantly out on the lot to greet us. He asked what we were interested in and when I said I wasn't sure he invited us inside and got us both a cup of coffee. I told him I was kind of interested in a SUV, probably a certified used 4-Runner. When we went out to look at the inventory Nancy pointed out a Pick-Up truck to me so I wanted to look at that. It was a Toyota Tundra Access Cab, V-8, Automatic, Off Road Set-Up, Great ARES bladder and cap with a fully lined Bed-Rug and all kinds of other goodies. After looking it all over I asked about taking it for a drive?. The salesman said, "It's Friday so why not just keep it until Saturday afternoon and have whomever you want to look at it do so and drive it around as much as you want." He then had it filled up with gas, gave me the keys, and said "see you Monday afternoon." Monday afternoon they dropped the price by $2200., gave us an extended warranty and a Lo-Jack system.

So, what was I supposed to do just to show my patriotism? I could have bought a Chevy, Ford or Chrysler and watched the Americans who work for Toyota lose their jobs?!

I was a short e-mail message away from asking Mac about his discount whatever for a Chevrolet because of a tiny amount of guilt but after reading, again, that it was my fault a lot of Americans were out of work I'll just keep my great well made pick up truck until it's time to get a new one!!

Oh, it's certainly not on the same scale as with Auto Manufacturers but are there any U.S.A. manufacturers of Rods, Reels, Lures, Depth Finders, or anything else that has to do with our chase of an elusive green fish, been put out of business or lost significant business to the Japanese market??? Maybe our Japanese gear should be "kicked to the curb".. Just a thought. I don't believe you can have it one way because it feels good yet let the 'other way' go because it's easier..

Just my .02 and please don't take it to heart. I had another back procedure that also hasn't gone well and I'm a little off center right now.. I don't wish anyone ill will but I also don't think my buying a Toyota destroyed the auto-industry in this county.

They did it to themselves..

Uncle Billy

Having ridden Harley Davidsons since they were junk (AMF days), I can only hope that GM et al resurrect from all this, stronger than before. Its NO LONGER the product, but the legacy of the infrastructure. Unc B, I respect your choice and opinions, but I will die driving my Bowtie pickup and riding my 'glide.

Pondscum, I too had an AMF Glide, an 80/80 but I thought it was great and never had any trouble with it. When the back went so did my riding days and I loved it. With the King and Queen seat my wife loved it even more.:rolleyes:

I didn't buy a Toyota because of any 'problems' with American pick-ups! As I said above, it was the sales people and dealerships that made my decision for me!! I was always a Chevy man but all of the old timers down here (when it was country) said, "son, Chevrolet's are nice but when you get a truck you get you a Ford." And I have the last F-150 I ever bought in my side yard. However it was a standard shift and with my bad back I couldn't push the clutch in any more but I still have it. That's what led to the story above. And my wife drives a Chrysler so I'm tired of taking the blame for the shortcuts and layoff's of the American automotive industry! Maybe there should be a foreign car boycott and then Toyota can lay off all of the American's who work in the

Five manufacturing sites in this country?

Oh, by the way..

but I will die driving my Bowtie pickup and riding my 'glide.

Probably, if you try to do it at the same time..:lol:

Uncle Billy

lol, The old AMF played German shepherd more than it played motorcycle

Unk,

Don't confuse dealer service with product. Just as we say with boat dealers, they can make all the difference in the world. Maybe the Chevy dealer needs some retraining in customer service. A lot of dealers for insurance reasons are not allowed to let potential customers take test drives alone. It just so happens that the Chevy dealer here in Warrenton gave my wife her Equinox for the weekend also. I gotta guess it is a dealership thing. When we went to the Honda dealer to look at a new Passport, the salesman didn't know squat about the vehicle or it's accessories. Couldn't even get the hood open. I am more keyed in on the product, not the salesman and the Honda didn't compare to the Equinox on a lot of fronts. My only complaint so far has been the nitrogen filled tires. They are constantly needing filling which is counter to why they said they were so great. I know you are not bashing American iron but the product should outweigh a dealer who doesn't measure up.

TOXIC

Hey Toxic, Happy Holidays my friend..

I agree with you, somewhat. But, I am not going to beg anyone to sell me a car, period.

If I wanted the BEST car ever built, best in every category with stats unchallenged by anyone, and it was my fantasy car that I dream about every day, I still wouldn't buy it from either of those dealers. If their insurance doesn't allow for potential customers to take a test drive alone (highly unlikely) then the salesman only has to inform the customer of that..As for confusing customer service with product, I didn't, I bought a Toyota! And you were looking at a Honda.. I own a Ford F-150, a Chrysler Mini-Van, and a Toyota Tundra, ALL made in America.

The old AMF played German shepherd more than it played motorcycle

Ok, tell me what that means?:lol::lol: I never even had so much as an oil leak with that shovelhead!

Uncle Billy

My amf superglide rode in the back of the pickup like a german shepherd. Must be a statement local to this area. pretty well understood in these parts.

You must have led a charmed existence if your shovel never marked its territory!

Latest posts

Back