Rub Mark

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick w2

Reaction score

I`ve noticed that one side of my trailer guard has been touching the hull at some stage and there is a small wear mark.

I`ve put a spacer between the trailer and guard to sort the problem out, but I was wondering about the rub mark and do I need to do anything about it.

It appears to be only the very top layer but I have no experience in fiberglass.

Will try and upload photo soon.

Thanks Mick

Try a mild rubbing compound and a dry cottom cloth. The same compound is used on the clearcoat on auto's. It will take out mild abrasions if not too deep.

fatrap

Just a thought... You could have a weak or damaged bunk? May want to look them over closely. I had a cracked board and could not see it until the boat was off the trailor. Mine was hugging one of the guides. Rick

Thanks for the replies boys,

It`s interesting you say that Rick, when I was underneath the trailer the axle appeared to have a slight bend in the middle???

Surely this can not be a factory thing, maybe it was done during shipping to Australia?

This could account for the lack of clearance on the guard, there has been very little use on the boat and trailer.

Back