Rod Locker Storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Hodel3

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to organize my rod locker? I am really tired of trying to pull one rod out and is tangled with about 3 other. Please help.

I have gotten so tired of that on my NX750, I just stopped using them. I now just strap them to the deck and the passenger rod ramp. Although the 750 has nice size lockers, they should have installed rod org. in them. Eventualy I will do this..just have not gotten around to it.

Doug -

Click on "Resources" on the left of this page.

Then on "Grab Bag".

In the Grab Bag, you'll find the "storage" category.

There are rod organzier plans with pictures by both Rich Stern and John Foster for their 17' Nitros. I followed their basic outlines when I put an organizer in my last boat; it was easy!

Good Luck!

me!

The real cheapest thing to do is after you have secured your hook/bait to the rod, grab the line and spin the rod 3 or 4 times and wrap the line around the rod. This will keep the line snug against the rod and help prevent other rod tips from weaving there in and getting tangled.

I keep 6 to 8 rods in each of lockers on my TV-18 and RARELY get tangled anymore.

Back