Rod locker on PT-175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has rigged something up in their rod locker to keep the rods from getting all tangled up with each other during transport on the road or the water. It seems that no matter how carefully I put my 7 rods in their they are always getting tangled up when I go to get them out. On the PT-175 there isn't a lot of room at the front of the compartment but I thought maybe someone had an idea or has came up with a way to avoid this. Thanks.

On the left side of this page, check the "Grab Bag" under "Resources". There are several ideas for rod organizers. I made my own and it works great!

Glenn

Like Larry A. I recommend the Rod Socks from BPS. They're the best. I keep about 7 or 8 rods in the locker of my PT-185 and can whoop one out without a problem. I also cover my reels, keeps them from banging around on each other.

Harpo

I haven't used my rod lockers yet for rods...I keep drift socks,anchors,rain gear and everything else in there but, no rods..LOL:)

I made a system using PVC tubes and masonite supports. I feel it had plenty of support and was very rigid. It wasn't worth a dang for a majority of spinning rods. I've since went to the socks also. I my opinion you can store more rods and the come out easier with the rocks. I do take alot of rods out with me.

The socks are the way to go. I built a organizer for my 882 and its one o fthe ones in th egrab bag. After a while using it i decided to go back to the socks. Thehy are much less cumbersome and i can fit much more in the locker with them. On my 882 i keep 14 in the locker and there have been times where in rough water i have thrown my partners 6 rods in there and still had room for more.

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. I think I will try the socks out first and see how that works. Thanks again.

Back