Rod locker in PT175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark King

Reaction score
Just ordered a new Tracker and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on storing rods in the rod locker without them getting tangled together. The opening in the rod locker is a little tight to put in tubes to seperate and was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I plan on putting 6-10 rods in there. I'm new here so I apologize if this topics been discussed before. Thanks!

Welcome Junior.

Congratulations on your new boat. As far as rod locker storage, I don't know of a PT 175 example but look in the "Grab Bag" (look at the column on the left side of the screen) and check out the topic under "storage." Some of the guys have done some masterful work and documented the process with photos. Good luck.

Da Bear

I use rod socks from BPS. They're about 4 or 5 bucks and do an excellent job of protecting your rods from rubbing against each as well as keeping them from getting all tangled.

Harpo

I purchased the rod socks from Bass Pro shop and they work perfectly....LA

Believe or not.. I don't even use my rod lockers for rods. I have way too much other stuff I store there..rainsuits(in bag),driftsock,rod holders,oil and dip net. Everything but a rod:)

I have a 2003 PT175 and modified it by adding the divider tubes mounted on a piece of Marine plywood similar to the grab bag item. I love it and would highly recommend this method. I can easily put 10 rods in my box and probably a few more if I added a few more holes/tubes.

Go to the Golf section and look at the plastic Club holders?? Cheap and with a little velcro make nice holders.

BF

Back