Rod holders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Anyone know of a rod holder that would attach (w/o damaging paint) temporarily to the gunwale of a PT175? I've seen the c-clamp type, but not sure about those types. I've thought about installing the flush-deck types near the gunwale. Has anyone installed that type? Thanks.

I'm using the "Fish On" rodholders from Cabela's on my 185 and they're not in the way when they're removed. I really like them for drift fishng because they pivot at the base so the rod comes straight up and out without getting slack in the line. And lemme' tell ya' for fishin' smallies...

It's a "gottahave":) I have two on one side and 4 other locations for the older style rod holders for panfishin';)

Thanks for the info, Tee. I just rec'd a Cabela's catalog in the mail, so I'll go back and take a closer look. Thanks :)

I've got 2 different kinds on my PC 175.

In the Front i've got a DriftMaster rod holder (one on each side) mounted to the Gunwales. These come out realy easy and the mounting harder that is left on the gunwale is thin and out of the way. I've hooked 7lb stripers on these and never had a problem.

In the rear I have Roberts 2-in-1 adjustable rod holder that I use for drifting and trolling. These are REALY sturdy as I use them to troll my Umbrella Rigs with off shore rods and 30lb P-line. The way I have them mounted does leave a small obstruction in the corners, but if you wanted to drill into the gunwales you could use the Flush Mounting harward and again it would be out of the way.

Here are pictures - First the front Drift Master:
front%20rod%20holder.jpg

Here is a pic of the Roberts 2-in-1 holder in the rear of the boat:
rear%20rod%20holder.jpg

Back