Rod holders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
What is the best place to mount rod holders on a Targa sc18?? On the side or the top of the gunnells. I don't think I want the flush mount as you need to drill a 1 3/16" hole in gunnells.

Thanks HaleDamage

Hale - I've done both on my boat - Pro Crappie 175. In the back I went with plastic Attwood side mounts, that way when i'm not using them just the mount stays and is out of the way. I've pulled a 9 jig umbrella rig (about 10-11 oz's) with 30lb P-line and a 8 1/2 foot line counter reel/rod with no issues.

Up front I mounted Drift Masters flush with the gunnels using their thin (i'd guess 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick) mount. I just drilled a 1/4 inch hole into the gunnel to allow me to screw the rodholder deeper into the mount/gunnel for extra support. These also remove and only leave a thin plate on the boat.

Trep

THX Trep-- Going to head up to Cabelas after supper for a "look-see"

HaleDamage

I have six Attwood side mount bases mounted on each side of my Targa SC17; two for the front seat, two for the back, and two for the middle seats. Mounted them on the inside of the gunnels. I have six rodholders that I use with the 12 bases. Work great, for up to 3-4 anglers.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back