Rod Holder for Rod Locker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Kern

Reaction score
Do any of you know where you can buy the rod holders to install in the rod lockers?

Save the $$, buy the Rod Socks at Bass Pro. I have 6 of them for my rods and have zero problems.

325-890.jpg

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=21141&hvarTarget=search

I agree, get the Rod socks. I have 10 to 15 rods in one locker, no tangles

Concur on the rod socks. They cleared-up my tangles. I also keep them on the rods when stored in the vertical holder on the garage wall. :)

As the others have said . . . .

I tried to build install on in my 18' Stratos. Wound up taking it out and just using the rod socks.

Tex

Ditto on the socks, 12 rods with socks in the rod lockers on my NX750 and never a problem.

Same as Tex, i built one for my 882, didnt like it and went back to the socks.

I get 15 rods in one locker and no tangles or problems with room to spare.

In addition to the rod socks I also use the reel covers. I like the kind that have a zipper, you can't get them @ BPS, I get them at Academy. You can pull your hook (single hooks only no crankbaits) back to the reel, slip the reel cover on over the elastic part of the rod sock and it not only protects the reel but also holds the rod sock on. Works great.

Harpo

I also have rod socks and they work great. The only down side is if you hook your stick baits/crank baits or any baits with set of treble hooks on the reel for storage, they can get stuck on the rod sock.

The holders from Osprey look pretty nice.

Paul, i solve the crankbait problem another way. All my st croix rods have a hook keeper built into the rod i use that and in combonation with lure wraps like these.

32677.jpg

Like Harpo i also use reel covers when they are stowed in the locker. I dont liek my reels getting all beat up. I use these ones from BPS.

33771.jpg

Yes, with the Rod Socks you can't hook a lure (especialy with trebbles) to a rod guide, i went with (and can not for the life of me find them again on BassPro) a set of rubber lure holders that attach to the rod handle. Something like this would work also:

81667.jpg

Jim

Looks like the wraps or reel covers may interfere with a rod sock. Can you use them with a rod sock on the same rod?

Paul

Paul, yep i do it all the time the bottom of the rod sock is big enough that is slides over the lure wrap and then from there i slide the reel cover on. As a setup it works great and keeps everything protected and tangle free in the locker.

Back