Removed Keel Guard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I just added another item to the list of things I never want to do again.

I spent most of my weekend working on my boat. I finally took them time to remove the keel guard that was coming off and prepare to install a new one. First, pulling off the rubber was fun. Piece by little piece. Then the layer of grey foam. Scrape, scrape, scrape with a razor blade. Then the layer of adhesive. Goo Gone coating, soak for 5 minutes then razor blade. I got most of it off and then took a hand sander and finely sanded the rest.

Next weekend is the trolling motor upgrade. Got the trays in today.

Teri,

What issues are they having with white? Is the keel guard from Megawear?

I purchased a white one last year and plan on putting it on this year.

Dan,

If you talked to Roger then you are getting a Keel Guard not a KeelShield. It's all good though Roger gives a great guarantee.

Dan, the problem with the white is that they have a tendency to yellow especially if they are in stained water a lot. They are just harder to keep clean. There was a run that did not have the UV additive up to snuff and they yellowed on their own and you could not get them back to white.

TOXIC

Mine looks kinda off in color and is loose a the top too......it is a factory installed Hamby's

I am NOT looking forward to that replacement....someone punch me in the face instead??

I got your punch....lol

I think mine needs some more work too. It hasnt yellowed much if at all, but I think thats due to the clear water we have....or used to have...lol

Carlos, your Hamby's original has a lifetime guarantee. Talk to Roger Sutterfield over on the BBC and he will send you to a dealer to get fixed/replaced gratis.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back