Remote Bilge Plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone installed a remote bilge plug on a Zxx? It's a pain to duck walk under the motor to insert/remove the bilge plug, or am I just whining?
Actually I just added one on a Z19 for that reason. I put my open/close switch in the splashwell facing after on the port side. Super easy and that way after I remove the transom bar I can visually open and close it. I used the 10' and routed the cable next to the pumps and up. I love it.

I have had one on our 2021 Z19 since shortly after we took delivery. I put the control next to the charger plug. The bulkhead has a little curve there so I made a foam gasket. It works great. I keep the o-ring greased, and occasionally I have to give the plug itself a little push to make sure it is seated. I started to put it where you see the little black plug, but the thickness and clearance there caused an issue.

Remote Drain Plug.jpg

I have had one on our 2021 Z19 since shortly after we took delivery. I put the control next to the charger plug. The bulkhead has a little curve there so I made a foam gasket. It works great. I keep the o-ring greased, and occasionally I have to give the plug itself a little push to make sure it is seated. I started to put it where you see the little black plug, but the thickness and clearance there caused an issue.

View attachment 3870
Mine is a 2024 and I put it almost exactly where you have the plug. It was a tight fit but I used a jewelers file to notch out the bottom of the hole per the instructions and it cleared the foam. I think both spaces are perfect spots for the install.

View attachment 3870
I actually put mine where the small plug is on my 2024, 19. It was tight a tight fit because of the thickness of the foam. I used a jewelers file to notch out the bottom of the hole per the instructions and it fit perfectly. Both spots are perfect locations and I'm glad I put it back in the splashwell and not in the cockpit. It's convenient being able to watch the actuation of the plug. *Tip* For the mounting screws. Use a sharp bit and drill through the gel coat in reverse then switch and continue to drill in forward. I also countersink just the gel coat after the hole is drilled just to ensure there aren't future spider cracks. For me the hardest part of the install was the plug assembly, and only because of where it's at. This is a super easy and extremely beneficial install.

Back