Reel Magic????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff. Does it make any difference? It feels like Armour All.......

I have used it in the past.It is just too expensive for my tastes.I just have a small can of WD-40 that I use,seems to work just as well as reelmagic at a much lower cost.

I use it. It does work to soften up the line a bit. I dont understand Steves comment on the cost. I use about one can a year at a cost of about 5 bucks. If you were using it to displace water thats one thing but usint it on the line a can goes a very long way. I fish about 3 times a week from april until nov and i use about a can a year.

My can didn't last nearly a year.

A squirt in the morning..a few squirts during the day...then your partner squirts his a few times.....then that squeeky seat post...then that squeek in the trolling motor.......

The stuff does work great,adds quite a few feet to a long cast if you spray everything down.Really loosens up your reel if you give a shot inside.But for $5.00 a can,compared to $1.50 for a can of WD-40.......

You can buy 100% silicone (main ingrediant in Reel magic) spray at the hardware store for less than Reel Majic if you are comfortable with the idea of using WD-40.

I mainly only use it on my spinning reels and one shot in the morning is about all i use. My partners sometimes use it too but i never use more then a can in a year. The can i have currently has lasted me almost two.

In the scheme of things, it costs less than a crankbait!!LOL!! But if you are comfortable using WD40, so be it. I use it and don't think much about it.

TOXIC

I use it. The Yankee I am, you need it for spinning reels if that is what you primarily fish. Must have been developed by some Yank. I change my line alot and buy it in bulk but still give it a shot before I start fishing. I thought about using a CRC Silicon but that bottle of spray has lasted a long time.

I use it a lot...

Nothing works better to keep mono soft on small spinning reels...definetely helps minimize the effects of line twist.

Marke-I tried to 'cheap out' last year with a can of silicon spray...It was noticibly less effective than the reel magic...stick with the original!!!

az

When I changed out the rubber bump strip on the gunwale I used Reel Magic to help the new rubber slide into the groove easier. It worked much better than WD-40 and left no residue.

Harpo

Not to sound like a tree hugger or anything, but the Reel and Line magic is biodegradable while the WD-40 is definately not. I use the Reel and Line Magic and love the stuff. I once forgot to take it up north to my cabin for a week of fishing and I noticed a huge difference in the performance of my rigs and of course I could'nt find it anywhere in that podunk town...

Smitty, WD-40 is fish oil based. However, it is also slightly acidic. NEVER use it to clean your guns. You can take a perfectly clean barrel, spray it with WD-40 and whipe off with a dirty looking cloth. It's the bluing coming off. Learned that from a gunsmith. It's too strong and for that reason I don't use it on reels or especially line. Reel magic works great and I use it but not as often as I should. I had a kind that was in a dropper bottle rather than aerasol can.

Folk, I don't believe it says anything at all on the can about WD-40 being a lubricant. Rob is right about NOT using it on your firearms. I use WD-40 to loosen frozen screws, nuts, etc. I'm pretty sure if it eats rust, it will eat fishing line.

Back