Red carpet?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Most know my color combination of the SS Tracker but, my carpet needs to be relaced and I'm seriously considering using blood red carpet on my rig.....open to suggestions.:cool:

I think that might got very hot in the heat of the summer. That is one reason you don't see many dark colors in boats.

HP

I had green carpet in my first boat, and it looked cool as could be when I first got it. Within a few months, I was regretting the green, as it had fade and wear areas that were lighter than the rest. I was also told it looked like a "putting green" and a "pool table". I think red would be along the same lines.

Stick with medium grey - not too dark to retain heat, and not to light to show dirt. You can't go wrong with that, and it goes with most everything.

All the best,

Glenn

I think red carpet fades worse followed by blue. Grey and tan appear to hold up the best to the sun.

Bob G.

Think of Toxic in his skirt with the red rose on your red carpeted deck! :wacko::wacko:

EEEEEWWWWWWWW!:lol::lol:

Pink Hat? I forgot about that!:lol:

You could be the propritior of Tee's Boat of Ill Repute. :lol::lol:

I wonder if soaking it down with 303 would slow down the fading?

Harpo

Got Red in the 911... not faded, going on the starting the third summer with it.

No hotter in the sun than any other carpet.

Don't listen to the hype.

911_carpet.jpg

I still think it would look good especially on mine but, ya' know Simmy does point out his isn't faded yet and of course my boat is garaged year round.

Any others?

Red Dress....GREY carpet Mac!

Bwahahahahahaahahah:lol:

Awwwww DUDE!! Wait till I get up there. I'm gonna have CIII do a permanent delete of that pic off your system!! :lol:

Besides, I wasn't barefoot....I was wearing sensible pumps.:eek:

TOXIC

And it held up well. But that is in Michigan....

Mini

Tee

4 gyus in my club have or had red carpet and 3 of them have faded pretty badly after 3-4 years. the other one is still less then a year old. The one that really atands out in my mind is my buddies old ranger. That boat was garaged kept, covered on the trailer and it still faded out pretty good. This guy also vaced it out after every trip, that boat was spotless at all times. You could really see it where he stood on the front deck and when you opened the lids you really saw how much it faded.

The fact is all colors fade and they all get dirty it just seems to me that red shows it more. I look at my grey in my nitro and the red on a guy in my clubs champ that is the same age and mine looks to be in much better shape even though his is garaged kept and i use mine way more.

I think my boat would look great with red or maroon carpet because of its colors but i wont do it. When i do recarpet mine( maybe next year) im going to do grey again although i think ill go a lighter shade. The charcoal grey i have now gets really hot.

Yeah I'm leaning more to the standard grey at this point....haven't decided yet.

Back