Recommendation for boat cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I would like to buy a boat cover for the Ranger I just bought. I will be storing it under really nice covered boat parking but it is open so elements can get in. I looked at a few a Bass Pro last night. One was made by Sterns and one was made by BPS. Both around $150. I would like for it to be trailerable as well and both of these are. I just don't know how their quality is. I don't want to spend a fortune as I might sell the boat but I would like for it to be good enough to keep the rain out.

Any recommendations or experiences with the BPS cover?

Get a very heavy duty custom cover made for trailering... one with snaps on nylon webbing. You will never regret getting a custom trailering/mooring cover made.

I have had my cover since I bought my Boat in 97. A guy that work from the shop also did covers. Heavy Duty Canvas, Triple Stitched, Water and Mold resistant. You can prob find a Canvas shop that does Boats. More spendy but they will last so much longer. They will fit like a glove and they will need to make sure that areas like the Trolling Motor area and the Windshield area are Triple layered like mine. Prob looking in the $300-$500 area. The BPS cover will do fine for a couple of years. A couple of Buddies of mine had them but after seeing mine and how much of a difference in Protection and Long lasting that mine provided, they had my guy make a cover for them as well.

Max <><

Boat with Cover.jpg

maybe I missed something-why would you buy a decent cover for a boat you want to give back?

I did a test run on Priest today from Cooks ramp to the bridge and back.

Teri,

You NEED to sign up to BBC (www.bassboatcentral.com) and keep your eye out for a cover.

I would suggest a Ranger cover or Aurora Canvas. Pricey, but worth it. (if you decide to keep the boat)

Ill second a cover from Aurora Canvas. Like Mini said pricey but worth it if you keep the boat.

I had one made for my 882 when i had it by them and it was a fantactic cover.

I'm glad to see your looking at the positive side and trying to make the most of it from the last post. You should be able to make it exactly what you want with a little elbow grease.

Well, tell us how it ran! after hearing of all the trouble, maybe it runs really good and will start to ease the pain. Get you a good cover, you'll be happier. I've only had cheap ones and hated every one I've had.

If you are thinking about selling the boat, I would not pay full enchilada for an Aurora or official ranger boat cover. While they are very nice, a buyer isn't going to care and will expect it to be discounted.

I bought the Sterns cover for now. Has a 5 year warranty and looked pretty sturdy. Haven't put it on yet so I will let you know. If the boat stays around, I will upgrade in a year or two.

Guess what....boat cover I bought doesn't fit....I forgot to account for trolling motor. oops!

Latest posts

Back